Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV sedation.
- Do not anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the appointment
- No smoking for at least 12 hours prior to surgery
- Do not wear any tight clothes on the day of your appointment
- Do not ignore a head or chest cold when oral surgery is to be performed. Call immediately if any symptoms present
- Please give 24-hour notice if you cannot keep your appointment
- Be sure to bring a responsible person with you on your day of appointment. If you are under 19, this person must be your parent or guardian
- Do not drive a car, operate power equipment of any kind i.e., lawn mowers, tractors, power tools, etc. for 24 hours following your surgery
- Plan for someone to remain with you for at least 4 hours following surgery
- Do not wear nail polish
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Burkhalter prior to your surgical date for instructions.